COOL ROOF TILES
Cool Roof tiles are the perfect addition to any type of structure if one is looking to save on energy costs. Each tile has properties that strongly reflect sunlight instead of converting it into heat. In addition, instead of absorbing that heat and transferring it down from the roof deck into the structure, Cool Roof tiles release the heat faster for greater energy efficiency. This process is similar to wearing lighter colors in the warm summer months and darker colors in cooler seasons.
There are numerous benefits in having a cool roof tile:
· To grow your ecological sustainability factor, or make your house "greener" by:
· Reducing your utility bills associated with air conditioning
· Increasing occupant comfort and avoid installing an air conditioner where there isn't already one
· Decreasing the size and prolong the life of your air conditioning system
· Lowering roof maintenance costs and extend roof life, avoiding reroofing costs and reducing solid waste
· Assist your home in meeting building codes
· Maintain aesthetics with a roof that performs and looks good
· Receive utility rebates (in some countries)
In a nut shell, a cool roof can significantly reduce your cooling energy costs and increase your comfort level by reducing temperature fluctuations inside your home. Average energy savings range from 7%-15% of total cooling costs.
Cool roof tiles save money in several ways, including energy savings, rebates and incentives, HVAC equipment downsizing, and extended roof lifetime. One way to estimate how much energy has been saved by installing a .. is by using the Cool Roof Calculator.
Cool roofing qualities:
· Interior Comfort: As mentioned before when the roof is allowed to take on less solar energy, less heat will be transferred inside the home, which cools your attic and duct system, creating lesser utility bills.
· Exterior Relief: When conventional roofs retain all that solar heat, it can build up and increase the temperature of your entire neighborhood. This is especially true in overcrowded cities, where urban heat islands can be created. When this occurs, more utility power has to then be expended in order to balance the temperature, creating air pollution and energy burdens. Cool roofing is an easy, passive way to reduce the problem.
· Long-Lasting: Over time the sun can damage any roof. By deflecting the rays, your roof will deteriorate slower, cutting down on maintenance and replacement costs. Plus, the most effective roofing tile materials are already at the best for life expectancy.
· Retrofit: This energy-efficient surface can fit over any pre-existing surface. It can be installed on any roof, despite the slope or pitch, and it can be reapplied at any time, which saves you the expense and hassle of wasteful demolition work.
· Affordable: It costs the same as traditional roofing. In addition to its ecological advantages, tax breaks or other financial incentives from the government are given.